3A My Entrepreneurship Story

As I sit back on my chair, I try to think about any exposure I've had to entrepreneurship. Besides creating a bunch of inventions using aluminum foil from my packed up lunch in elementary school and watching Silicon Valley documentaries... not that much. However, I realized I have been exposed to entrepreneurship because of my sorority. I hold a position that requires throwing any type of event. Each event requires items (t-shirts, game-day attire, dog tags, sweatpants, etc) that help it succeed. I have to contact specific positions for making t-shirts for my events telling them what I exactly want as the design. I just recently created a new event called Study Hours, which I need to create goodie bags for the girls doing hard work. I've had to place orders for multiple events so that they can succeed and benefit everyone. My position also contains the most chair positions I'm responsible to overlook.  

I enrolled in ENT 3003 because it's one of my approved electives in order to graduate. What I hope to get out of this class is a different mindset on things and to really get myself out of the box. I love coming up with new ideas and I think this class would really help me.

Comments

  1. Jenny like you I enjoy coming up with new ideas and it sounds like you have a mindset for entrepreneurship. The Study Hours event, any of them you have to plan and organize as you stated, is thinking of a need and offering a solution or a perk to benefit others. I wish I received a goodie bag for studying. You are gaining a great skill set in managing as you oversee those chair positions that you can carry forward into your career.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment