4A Forming An Opportunity Belief

I have a belief that an opportunity exists. University of Florida students need affordable, convenient, close to campus, quick health restaurants. I've always been the type of person trying to balance an easy affordable healthy eating life-style combined with my busy academic schedule. For the days I'd be at the library all day, and don't have the time to meal prep or want to eat fattening food across the street... I get frustrated. Especially that I don't own a car and just walk every where or use my scooter for close places. It's difficult to combine a healthy eating life style when I'm always on the go, making my body feel good, and doesn't take time away from my studying. 
The unmet need is not being able to access affordable, convenient, close to campus location, quick health restaurants for students that want to balance their health and academics. The ones that have the need are productive UF students that prioritize a healthy life-style and school. This need has always existed... I've had this belief in mind for the past 3 years. What people are doing to meet this need now is wasting more money and time. I'm sure this opportunity exists 80-90%.
A prototypical customer would be students inside around Library West that is wearing work out clothes, normal clothes, or eating food in the library.
Customer 1: Involved UF business student running an Instagram fit page
"The exact nature of the need is when I have to think about all the food I need to cook in the morning for the library." This customer experiences the need all the time and how her laziness gets involved but she still gets it done because she needs to eat well in order for her workouts and Instagram page. She has had the need for 3 years, but this year it has been more of a need because she just launched her page that has over 2K followers. Because she needs good food to eat to fuel her to study and workout and then post about it on her page to motivate others. She is very satisfied with this issue knowing this will help her personal and academic schedule.
Reflect: I learned that people aren't just students, they are also involved in things outside of school. Inspiring others by becoming what they preach. The most surprising thing i learned from this opportunity was how open up to the idea.
Customer 2: UF fit student that is health-conscious 
This students nature is a need for quick and affordable healthy food products.
When they became of the need is kind of a constant lifestyle mindset that I'm always aware of. I guess more so when I'm at the gym and around summer time. The amount of time 10 years. He became aware of this need when he realized he was chubs.
How he currently address this need is to cook or buy from raw south or other healthy options like vale or chicken kitchen. He is pretty well satisfied.

Reflect: Listen to ordinary students that just want to eat well
Customer 3: UF fit student studying for the LSAT
Exact nature is having something quick and healthy. She became aware when she started hard core studying for the LSAT. She is experienced this only sometimes. Shes had this need for the past couple of months. She became aware because of her studying for the LSAT. Shes just cooking or driving far to get healthy quick food like Vale or Bolay. She is really satisfied.
Reflect: Everyone is busy and needs time to eat well.
SUMMARY:
How much of your original opportunity is still there?
A lot! This got me more inspired.
Do you believe that your new opportunity is more accurate than when you started?
Yes, way more accurate.
How much do you think entrepreneurs should 'adapt' their opportunities based on customer feedback? (In other words, is there a trade-off between adapting and staying firm?)
I think they should complelty rely on it. Its what helps their business grow.

Comments

  1. Hey Jenny, I think your idea is great! With Grill Fresh now being closed, the lack of healthy food options near campus is mind-blowing. Sure, I love Chick-fil-a and Relish, but those places aren't good for the body and I'm always looking for something healthier. University Ave is loaded with restaurants and fast-food places. Yet, many of them don't have many nutritional things on their menu. I hope this trend changes in the coming years.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment