13A Reading Reflection No. 1

1) You read about an entrepreneur: I read about Elon Musk!
  • What surprised you the most?
I already knew a little bit of Elon Musk from past newspaper articles because I've always been fascinated with how his brain works. What surprised me the most was his childhood. I didn't know how he was raised and his families history. It was super interesting to hear where his family came from, how his parents met, and what him and his siblings went through with their father.
  • What about the entrepreneur did you most admire?
What I admired the most out of Elon is that he never gives up. It could be the most unrealistic thing in the world and he will still try his hardest to make it realistic. That is pure dedication right there. Also how fast his brain works... he finished  a whole basic computer programming book in 3 days when it normally would've taken someone 6 months.
  • What about the entrepreneur did you least admire?
What I least admire about Elon Musk is how socially awkward he can be and how he reacts to emotions. 
  • Did the entrepreneur encounter adversity and failure? If so, what did they do about it?
Yes, he did encounter lots of adversity and failure. What Elon did about it, was to keep going. His motivation is out of this world.
2) What competencies did you notice that the entrepreneur exhibited? 
Competencies that Elon exhibited was that he was quick, smart, and a believer.
3) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
The only part of the reading that confused me were his personal relationships with his parents and partners.
4) If you were able to ask two questions to the entrepreneur, what would you ask? Why?
I would ask Elon how does he stay so motivated? And I would also ask whats the best way to achieve success? Because these are two questions I personally struggle with everyday and everything I get an answer for doesn't satisfy me because I ask too many questions.
5) For fun: what do you think the entrepreneur's opinion was of hard work? Do you share that opinion?
I believe Elon's opinion of hard work was just to always believe in your dreams, reach for the stars, and never give up. His family is also known for being hard workers so this makes an impact on him as well. I do share this opinion because if you have these characteristics and experiences, you can do anything.

Comments