16A What's Your Secret Sauce?

Well, I've always found myself to be the odd ball in the room since I was young. I have good and bad qualities. I've worked on the bad and sometimes slacked off the good. One way that makes me different is that I'm very open-minded. Yes, a lot of people say that they are open-minded, but I believe I am a bit more extreme open-minded. It's something I'm proud of since I was young. When I was younger I used to be extremely shy and wanted to make friends. It was odd to make the first move to talk to someone if you wanted them to be your friend or just play with you at recess. Normally, kids are friends because of their family, group projects, sport teams, or they sit next to each other in class. One day I thought, if I'm having this mindset that it's scary to talk to someone first to be your friend, then others are thinking the same. You think someone is super funny and cool, and you want to be their friend, but you don't know how to approach them without coming off as weird. So since that, a switch flipped in my head. I decided to always be the person to make the first move. Because there are other people in this world that are shy like me and in order for something to happen, one of us has to do it. I decided that person is me. Since that I go up to random people and become friends with them in 5 minutes. People are really great and nice, but also could be very shy. You can't just think about yourself. You must think about others around you. Such as their personality, in order to understand this mindset you must be open-minded. Which leads to my other qualities of being different. I am outgoing, confident, and trustworthy. As well as creative! Everyday for school lunch, my mom would pack me sandwiches in aluminum foil. I would eat my sandwich, and then create an invention with the aluminum foil. I thought it was so much fun. I would always get upset when I had to throw out my inventions after lunch before going back to class. So, I'm currently studying abroad and all of my roommates are in Austria. I can provide one interview from my best friend who is also studying abroad with me. 

Dani: You're different in the sense of motivation, you have this determination I've never seen in anyone. You like kinda know a little bit about everything it's insane. Plus you're basically an adult.

My sentence summary of this that it was really short, but got straight to the point. What really caught me was when she said I know a little bit about everything. It's something I also worked on since I was younger to know a little bit of everything to make me more different and to help me be more open-minded when it comes to things.

I see myself as a good different individual but also lost. Because I do not know what I specifically want to do with my life. Others see me as different, motivated, and mature.
There aren't differences in how I assess myself compared to others. I do think my interviewees are correct about me because they've known me. I would make one change in my list from part 1. It would be aware of the world around me. I believe this is makes me different because there are people that focus on one topic and become amazing at it, but fail to acknowledge other factors that could involve.

Comments

  1. Hello Jennifer,
    Your description of what gives you human capital was very detailed and a good read. You were however missing a big portion of this assignment and that was to voice record all of your interviews and post them to your blog. I had to do all of mine over the phone and use a voice recording app so it was not necessary for me to meet up with people in person.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment