14A Halfway Reflection

1) Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course?

Like every other college student, I've had my ups and downs. One day I'll be so lazy to do the coursework for this class, but other days I'm productive. Behaviors I've used to keep up with the requirements of this course is to write all my assignments due dates on my laptops 'sticky notes,' my phones calendar, push myself to complete them, and remind myself I need to get an A in this class. I also make sure I follow the syllabus requirements for the word count in my blog posts and commenting on someones.
2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?

A couple of nights ago, I got home around 1:30 am and haven't started writing my blog posts. Since I'm studying in Spain, I am 6 hours ahead. I was leaving to Switzerland in the morning and my assignments were due at 6 am. The bags under my eyes were drooping so bad and my head was pounding. All I wanted to do is go to bed so I have enough sleep for my flight the next day. However, I had to remind myself I need to complete my assignments. Doesn't matter when, I just need to do it. I need to push myself a little bit harder and just get through the next day. So, I got out my laptop and started writing my blog posts. I finish around 3:00 am and I felt accomplished. It was like a weight was lifted off my shoulder. Now, I can not worry about my assignments and enjoy my weekend long vacation. I ended up sleeping on the plane and took a nap when I landed. It was worth it. I felt like I've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months. I've defiantly convinced myself to not be lazy and just do it. My experience before Switzerland really helped me.
3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?

For fostering the skills that support tenacity: I recommend being on top of your things, set alarms for assignments, and know what needs to be done. For developing the 'tenacious mindset' I say to never give up, if its hard it'll only be for a little while, and to remind yourself of the feeling of relief when you get it done.
For this post, please include at least one image.

Here's a picture from my weekend in Switzerland! This fountain is located at Lake Geneva :)

Comments

  1. Hi, Jennifer Ronderos.
    I agree that we should have an attitude to never give up. I understand that it’s something developed as time goes on. Having that type of an attitude doesn’t just come over night. I believe we have to change our perspective, be persistent, develop grit, and be resilient. I am the same way, Thank you for your post, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment