21A Reading Reflection No. 2

1) What was the general theme or argument of the book?
So, the book I chose was "How To Fail At Almost Everything And Still Win Big" by Scott Adams. The general theme or argument of this book is you have to keep trying and failing in order to succeed. How to "win big."
2) How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?
This book connecting and enchaned what I was learning in ENT 3003. It talks about how to set up your own schedule with time and space, know how to get to a goal not to just have one, and many more.
3) If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?
My exercise will involve with getting people out of their comfort zone, to try something new. If they fail, it's okay because you just get back up and keep going until you get it. I can't think of a specific exercise, but that's what it will consist of. Because the trick is to see how people approach something that's outside of their comfort zone and their realization in order to succeed.
4) What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?
My biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book was to have systems and not a goal in particular. Because goals have two flaws: its too much in the future and specific. I've always thought goals were the way to go but systems is so much better. I need to know HOW to get to my goal, in order for that to happen I need to do much more experience in things. Not stay put in one company. I have to keep building myself in order to get to my goal.

Comments

  1. It is very interesting the concept of focusing on a system instead of goals. I can see how people do not know how to achieve their goals so creating a system to get there would be beneficial. This book is one I have earmarked to read myself and after reading your post and others I look forward to reading it and understanding this concept.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment