27A Reading Reflection No.3

1) What was the general theme or argument of the book? 
The book I have chosen is called "Thinking, Fast, and Slow" by Daniel Kahneman. The general theme of this book is talking about the comparison of emotional and logical thinking. Daniel believed in two systems of thinking every day people have: System 1 and System 2. System 1 is emotional, fast, and impulsive. While System 2 is the opposite; slow, careful, and logical. It then continues with two other parts: Heauristics and Biases, and then Overconfidence.
2) How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?
The book helped me connected with what i was learning in ENT 3003 by the systems of thinking and the overconfidence.
3) If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?
I would throw students an example on how to manage a business as a CEO and see which systems they use to control a huge corporation. Then I will see if they show signs of overconfidence and see if it effects their actions.
4) What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?
I like reading about books that have psychological reasoning for peoples way of thinking and actions. Because I believe there's a explanation for everything. I liked reading about the systems the most because I thought of people I actually knew that had those ways of thinking.

Comments

  1. Hello Jenny, you did a spectacular job on your final reading reflection of the year. You answered every question will a lot of detail and made every thing very clear. You have made it very obvious that you have read and comprehending the book that you chose. I really like your exercise for this class based on the book that you read! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment