26A Celebrating Failure

My failure actually happened Spring 2019 school semester, I was taking this class called Environmental Biogeochem. When I first signed up, I knew what I was expecting just from the name of the class itself. I told myself I was gonna try my all this semester so I can do well in the class. For each exam I studied by a specific way: I watched the lectures, study the quizzes, and went over my study guide. This wasn't enough though, I wasn't doing well (I was failing) in my exams by using these study tactics. Two weeks before my final exam I thought of a new study tactic that I normally don't use. I re-wrote my study guide, quizzes, and put all of the information on quizlet. After doing this I started going over my quizlet. I realized that I attain information more by writing it once or twice and it's easier to memorize from there. This helped me a lot for my final exam which actually helped me to pass the class with a decent grade! I learned that if you keep doing the same thing over and over and don't see any improvement... think of another approach! Failure is an odd topic. Failure is difficult because no body wants to fail at anything really. How I handle failure emotionally and behaviorally is to just get back up, move on, and find a different way. Because you should never give up unless you've tried everything you possibly can. This class has made me want to take risks more because it shows me you never know what can happen unless you take that leap of faith!

Comments

  1. Hi Jennifer!
    I enjoyed reading your post this week! I can relate very closely to your situation, however not with environmental biogeochem, but with calculus. I was seriously struggling with that class, I wasn't grasping the material and I never really knew how to study for math, until this class forced me too! I agree with what you said about never giving up, it really pays off in the end when you accomplish everything.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment